11 July 2013

the Sisters of Mercy labyrinth


June was laden with professional development courses and faculty meetings, and Lilah spent quite a bit of the first few weeks of her Summer Holidays with Nonni and Papa Jon in Sacramento.

The best one I took was an Open Singing Retreat that was held over a weekend in Auburn (after a grueling week of 3x 8-hour faculty meetings in a row... I nearly didn't make it)...  The location was the Sisters of Mercy Center, which I had never been to.  In speaking with our friends the Jensens, whom I would be staying with over the weekend, I learned that the grounds of the Sisters of Mercy Center were really special, and if I had any time, that I should walk the labyrinth.


Since Auburn is only a stones throw away from Sacramento (about an hour), and since my Mom and Trish Jensen are both grandmothers now, Trish and I thought it would be a good idea to invite Lilah and Nonni up for part of the weekend for some pool time fun, and for a chance to visit with Lilah's own invisible Mum.  

Long story long, this is a photograph of the day that Lilah came to the Sisters of Mercy Center to visit me, and walked the labyrinth.  



No comments:

Post a Comment